Life Coaching Services Offered
Deprecated: jquery-slick is deprecated since version 2.7.0! Use Swiper instead. in /home/tbnpca5/public_html/eftlifecoach/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5050
Congratulations! Today you are one step closer to change, feeling empowered, and on a positive path to growth and well-being.
My goal is to help you uncover your true potential. We can work together to lead you to a life that is worth celebrating. While we can’t change difficult situations of the past, we can work collaboratively to better understand and resolve challenges in your life. By applying a variety of approaches and techniques, we will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
If you are looking for relief from Depression or Anxiety, or you are having relationship issues and you’re looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation, or you’re just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
Please call or email me for an individual or couples consultation today.
The methods I use come from a foundation of mindfulness; art psychotherapy; Strategic Intervention Training; Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT); Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT); Focusing; Guided Imagery; Neurolinguistic Programming (Masters Level); New Decision Therapy™; Trauma Focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy; Marriage and Divorce Prevention Coaching; and over ten years Psychodramaatic Bodywork®
HOW DO I ASSIST?
The following is a partial list of Issues that I can assist with:
- Grief and loss
- Coping with life changes and transitions (Retirement, divorce, adjusting to a new town / city, etc.)
- Depression, anxiety, panic disorder
- Conflict resolution
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Trauma recovery, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Life choices
- Relationships, codependency
- Issues arising out of unwanted pregnancies
- Careerand personal growth
- Pre-marital and marriage counselling
- Divorce issues and recovery
- Social anxiety and phobia
- Caregiver family counselling and coaching
WHO DO I ASSIST?
I currently focus on working with adults and couples, although over the years I have worked with children and youth as well.
HOW I CAN HELP?
I believe that everyone, no matter what messages their mind gives them, no matter their background or circumstances, has the potential to experience a courageous, connected life and to reach their full potential. We do not have a choice about many of these things, but we ALWAYS have a choice about how we respond and whether we show up for ourselves and the people we love.
My commitment is to help you feel comfortable, heard and supported as you explore those unique challenges that may be getting in your way. I believe that our deepest struggles (unwanted though they are) hold some of the most powerful opportunities for growth and connection with others.
My approach to the coaching process can be as varied as the people I meet. As we are all different and have different needs and expectations, I like to tailor the sessions accordingly.
- Sometimes you may need to develop insight into your self; other times you may feel the need to examine any losses or traumas that may still impact you today.
- You may wish to explore any behaviors you are concerned about or conflicts in your relationship/s. In many instances we will explore your thought processes which lead you to feel anxious, sad, self conscious or inferior. Once you have examined your thought process, the thoughts can be altered and once that occurs, then you can change your debilitating feelings about yourself or your life.
- We could look at how you feel about your future and I can help you explore your goals or any vision you have for yourself, and together we can get you moving towards a brighter future.
Secondly, I believe that insight cannot be effective unless we look at ways to increase your current coping skills so that you may begin to let go of any old ways of doing things that don’t seem to be working anymore. We will do this by taking a look at what you are:
Thinking, such as negative self-doubts, or an expectation that things will not work out in the end
Feeling, such as depression, a sense that you don’t have an adequate support network, anxiety about life in general, anxiety in social situations, feeling disconnected, low self-esteem, body image issues, etc.
Doing, such as any behaviors that you may be worried about, such as engaging in excessive or compulsive behaviors (sex, drinking problem, using drugs, shopping, cleaning, etc.), communication skills, isolating yourself from others, not reaching your “full potential”.
Experiencing, such as grieving a recent loss like a break-up or death of a loved one, repeated conflicts in your relationship(s), diagnosis, work/school stress, parenting issues, coming out issues, alienation from family, past or recent trauma such as rape, partner abusiveness or other violent incidents.
Our goal together will be to create an internal sense of empowerment so that you feel in control of your past and present, and that you are on a path towards the future you would like to build for yourself.